Spread throughout the interior walls of the Sibonga Church are 14 simple depictions of the Stations of the Cross enclosed in carved frames. The Nuestra Senora del Pilar Parish Church dates back to 1907, when it was finally completed. Its construction was credited to Fr. Juan Alonzo, parish priest from 1868 to 1881, who decided to build an edifice made of coral stone and bricks. Work on the structure was interrupted by the outbreak of the Philippine Revolution in 1896, and it was only completed in the early 1900s.